Guiding clients through dissolution, custody, property division, and child and spousal support issues.
Change is always a challenge; changing a family's structure is especially challenging. At Dittberner & McSweeney, Ltd., we use our skills as lawyers to help our clients navigate the changes in their families with dignity.
How will you manage the immediate future? How will you manage long term? Will the division of property will be fair and equitable? What is best for your children? Your attorney has the legal knowledge and skill to help you answer those questions.
- Divorce, marriage dissolution: Most people call it “divorce.” The legal term is marriage dissolution. No matter what you call it, it is a huge life decision filled with many legal issues.
- Custody, parenting time, visitation: Parents and the court all seek to provide what is best for the child, but opinions can differ. We help you sort through the legal, practical, and emotional issues involved.
- Spousal maintenance, child support: In Minnesota, child support is based on guidelines but spousal maintenance is dependent on a wide range of factors. If your case involves spousal maintenance and/or child support, you will benefit from the assessment of an experienced lawyer.
- Property division: Identifying, valuing, and dividing property can be complex, often requiring business valuations, determination of marital and non-marital property, establishing real estate values, division of pensions, retirement accounts, art, jewelry and more – all with the need to consider current and long-term tax and financial implications.
- ADR, mediation, collaborative law: There are many forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), including mediation and collaborative law. All forms of ADR have the same goal – a settlement both spouses can live with, without incurring the expense and uncertainty of a trial.
- Appellate law: Our law firm handles appeals of court decisions in divorces we have handled as well as those initially handled by other law firms.
- Adoption: We help families ensure that legal matters associated with an adoption are handled with close attention to all the details that make the difference in these life-long commitments.
- Antenuptial (pre-nuptial) and postnuptial agreements: These agreements ensure that both parties understand and agree to how property will be divided in the event of a divorce.
Family law is complicated. Our family law attorneys have the experience, expertise, and commitment to excellence, to explain the law, help you make decisions, and ensure that your rights are protected throughout the process and into the future.
Talk to a Minnesota family law attorney. Call 952.896.1099 for an appointment.
Before you believe the horror stories and well-meant advice of others, talk to an experienced lawyer whose practice is focused on family law. Call 952.896.1099 or contact us by email for an appointment.